Just a short 9.1 miles away from Bron Rhiw. Portmeirion is a tourist village in Gwynedd, North Wales. It was designed and built by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis between 1925 and 1975 in the style of an Italian village and is now owned by a charitable trust.
The village is located in the community of Penrhyndeudraeth, on the estuary of the River Dwyryd, 2 miles (3.2 km) southeast of Porthmadog, and 1 mile (1.6 km) from Minffordd railway station.
Portmeirion has served as the location for numerous films and television shows and was “The Village” in the 1960s television show The Prisoner.
For more information on Portmeirion village and potteries click here.